Oct 14, 2010

I'm a new me!

Wow!  A week after my Roux & Y gastric bypass and I'm feeling almost 100%!!! I didn't know how I was really going to feel, but I'm happy.  I'd be happier if the hubby would stop eating spaghetti, hamburgers, grilled cheese, ice cream, etc., in front of me.  Weird though, it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.  It's like I know that I'm going to feel like total shit if I even get a crumb of his unhealthy food on my tongue.  Seriously!

Yesterday I mixed organic, fat-free, skim milk with my Isopure protein shake.  OH HOLY SHIT...literally.  My stomach was churning and making THE most disgusting groans and gurgles.  I spent a bit of time in the restroom at work and prayed that no one else would come in while I suffered! So, it took 2 shakes and a yogurt for me to figure out it was the milk.  I am now officially lactose intolerant as far as I'm concerned. Milk SCARES me!

I've managed to lose 24 lbs since I started the pre-surgery liquid diet a week before my surgery.  The diet started on 9/29.  My surgery was on 10/5.  I'm completely amazed at the weight that is dropping off so quickly, but at the same time I'm still on a liquid diet and learning what I can and cannot tolerate.  So some days are better than others.  I haven't exercised really, but I'm up and down walking and moving at work and at home so I think a slow transition to walking and eventually visiting a personal trainer may be my way to go. I can't afford a trainer for more than a session or two, but I was quite a workout queen in my thinner days so I feel pretty good about being able to take what the trainer provides and continuing on my own.  I also want to start riding a bike and walking with my husband.  Plus I plan on swimming as much as possible when we move into our new house.

Well, that is if our offer is accepted.

We're on pins and needles waiting to hear if the seller has accepted our offer today.  We moved to South FL in December of '09 and wanted to wait to purchase a house until we knew the area better. Our lease on this house is up on December 15th and we want to be closed and moved in before that date.  We have two weeks to get a 30 day close so if this falls through we have a backup but want to continue to find what we want.  That includes a pool!  Living in FL, there are lots of houses with pools, but not many we have seen are move in ready.  Ugh, there is so much crap out there!

Oh well, time for bed.  I'm one sleepy bitch.

No comments: