Nov 7, 2010

Plateau, Schmateu...I'm down 3 lbs!

So I was on a shitty plateau.  I didn't expect it within a month of my surgery, but I've been gaining and losing the same flipping pound for a week. That is...until this morning.  I lost 3 lbs overnight!  Wooohooo!  To aid that I'm going to have to start exercising for real.  I didn't want to have to do a whole lot, but I'm going to start walking and working my way into yoga and pilates.  The walking will have to be my cardio, I have bad knees and can't run or anything that requires a lot of knee bending.  Any exercise I do should help even more in my weight loss, but right now, walking is it.

Speaking of walking, the house we are under contract on we are now going to walk away from.  Turns out that the house appraised for way under what they were asking so they don't want to pay closing costs if they have to lower their asking price to the appraisal price. Unfortunately we're going with 100% financing through Doug's VA Benefit so we can't put any money down.  If they don't like that then we're moving on and not looking back.  Thankfully we have an out.  We just have such a short window of time now if we want to close before the end of the year.  Stress!  But maybe that will aid in my need to exercise, I should use exercise to cut my stress.

Speaking of stress, the end of the year is WAY too stressful with work, the holidays, holiday travel, and, for me, the issue of what can I and can I not eat during this crazy close to the year.  Crazy for sure, but so far so good. Now, if I could only get the men in my house to eat healthy instead of eating all the bread and pasta.  You would think we are Italian by how much red sauce and pasta is consumed in this house, WITH garlic CHEESE bread.  That's my boys.  Thinking they have to stuff their gullets full and then moaning about how full they are.

Suck it boys.  I have no sympathy for you.

Starting Weight: 283 lbs
Current Weight: 257 lbs
Total Loss to Date: 36 lbs

No comments: