Dec 30, 2010

I love weight loss!

Yes, I do love weight loss.  I wish I could have lost it on my own, but my body just won't allow it.  I'm so thankful that, even though I spent five days with my family over the Christmas holiday and ate a lot (for me) while I was there, I still lost 6 lbs!  I'm now down 59 lbs!  Pretty much 60 lbs in 3 months, 20 lbs per month.  Love that!  I've got to keep losing so I can lose another 20 lbs before my February appointment with my GP.  He and I have a bet: he thinks I'll be 220, I want to be 210.  I need to lose another 15 lbs by then so I'm going to try HARD to get the weight off!

I have learned some interesting things though. I really have to be careful about what I eat and how I eat.  I can eat pretty much anything, but I may suffer for it later.  But I also have to eat a certain way.  I have to chew the hell out of whatever I eat and the bites have to be small.  If I forget (which I do) and eat normal bites and chew normally rather than the overkill I need to I tend to get the bite stuck in my esophagus.  Talk about painful!  It burns like hell.  It won't go down and my body just expels it.  Yup, it gets ralphed back up, but once it's done it's done and I'm back to my old self.  Chicken makes me sick more than it doesn't.  It's just too dense.

I'm feeling good. My hubby and I are walking at night and I think that is really helping my weight loss.  I can really see my old body again, but there is still a lot of loose fat/skin going on.  I only hope that as the fat gets lost, the skin snaps back.  I'm kind of thinking that it won't completely snap back, I'll probably need to have skin resection surgery (GACK!), but I'm sure I'll finally be healthy and feeling much better when it's all over.  I'm looking forward to being healthy and happy and able to do all the things I used to do as well as some new things I've always wanted to do.  I'm going to rock climb, kayak, zip line, maybe even run a marathon (as long as my knees hold up).  What I'd really like to do is get on the Amazing Race to see if I can really perform like I used to.  It's going to take some serious getting into shape, but I'm pretty sure I can do that.  Being over 40 could throw a slight wrench in the works, but I'm not going to let it stop me.  I have to get healthy and I'm GOING to get healthy and enjoy the life I was meant to!

No comments: